When transcribing in a remote desktop (RDP) setup, there may be a problem using a foot switch to control the browser based player, when the remote desktop screen is in 'full screen mode' (maximized).
One way to circumvent this problem is to set the size of the remote desktop to be less than 100% of your screen size when it's opened. In reality 99% will have the same appearance as a maximized screen.
This guide will assist you in setting your RDP screen size to +99%.
- First you will need to figure out what your current screen resolution is. Right click anywhere on your desktop and select Screen resolution, as illustrated below:
- In the above example, the screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. Subtracting 1 pixel from the width gives the result: 1919 x 1080.
- Next, create a shortcut on your desktop by right clicking ->New->Shortcut as illustrated below:
- In the Run dialogue box, type the following -> mstsc.exe /v:IP_Address or DomainName /w:width /h:height. As an example: mstsc.exe /v:192.168.1.56 /w:1919 /h:1080
- This will create a shortcut that will always open the remote desktop in a near-fullscreen mode, and enable the foot switch to control the player.